Thursday, June 20, 2013

Women in Hollywood: Elizabeth Karr's Radio Free Albemuth

A while ago, I wrote about the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter campaign. Here's another project I'd like to bring to your attention, by producer and actress Elizabeth Karr. If you're a fan of science fiction/conspiracy/thrillers, you might want to check this movie out. There are 13 days left to contribute.

Radio Free Albemuth on Kickstarter

On twitter:

@elizabethkarr @rfamovie

Why did I back this movie? I first saw Elizabeth in episode 1x9 of Women's Murder Club, To Drag and To Hold, where she had a faboulous and thought-provoking scene with Angie Harmon. By coincidence, I found her on twitter and that way, learned about the Radio Free Albemuth project. I think it's important to support the work of talented women filmmakers in Hollywood, so that we can get a perspective other than "same old", and wish Elizabeth and her team best of luck.

1 comment:

  1. It's worth pointing out that not all of the major characters in this film are men--some are women. Nor are the women on only one side of the moral divide; there are, so to speak, bad girls as well as good girls in the story.

    ReplyDelete